Sunday, September 1, 2019

Fun it up, everyone!

I wrote a letter to the editor of The Southland Times:
Message to all candidates for local body elections;
Billboards are boring!
Hard-working Southlanders, especially those living in Invercargill, have to drive past our uninspiring faces and irritating slogans for weeks on end and are generally too polite to take a black-marker to them to express their annoyance.
Let’s all do something different this time around; entertain and amuse those whose votes we are chasing, with creative billboards, fun billboards, the likes of which have never been seen before! I’m happy start the ball rolling; I’ve still got my original billboards that show a younger me with a dark, clipped and tidy beard. 
Now that I’m 9 years down the councillor track, my beard is full and as white as a summer cloud. I’m going to up-date my billboards by glueing-on a fluffy, lamb’s-wool beard that would make Father Christmas proud! How about the rest of you? 
Have you any creative bones in your bodies? Let’s do the voting public a favour and make campaigning fun for a change!
Here's my original billboard from 2010. I have a hank of sheep's wool and some glue, so I'm good to go!
I'll post the 2019 version as soon as the glue dries.


No comments:

Post a Comment